Change your mind - rapid prototyping will help you
As Ryan Wachtl mentioned in his ss.org blog named "Rapid prototyping with silverstripe & foundation", we should fix outdated workflow and Rapid prototyping is our rescue.
Rapid prototyping means wireframing in code. This can be done easily with some static templates, but I want to put content first. With SilverStripe, I do not need to put content in external programme, I just put content directly to SilverStripe backend and this will be ready for finalization without need of copy/paste text data.
So standard workflow will be changed to modern workflow like this:
- Talk to the customer, get some content ideas
- Finalize content, prioritize content (what must be there, what is only side note?)
- Sketch, prepare structure, think about page types
- Init SilverStripe project (so simple with SilverStripe, Git and Composer) and create defined page types (only the easy ones, do not make complex programming here, use fake data - see unclecheese's mock-dataobject module)
- Put content in
- Talk to the customer, test it, update wireframes. Repeat until everything is approved.
- Start programming complex pieces of code and start with Graphic design
- Test and deploy
- 1 and 2 are time consuming, but so important. Take care. Do not be satisfied with ideas, make content.
- 3 - 6 is about creativity. Work fast, but test every idea in real wireframe (it's easy).
- 7 - 8 is programmers' and graphic designers' job. They will love you, because everyting is clear, prepared.
No comments on this article.